This policy was last updated on 3 November 2016.
This Policy sets out Renew Adelaide Incorporated’s ABN 35 183 580 639 (“we”, “us” or “our”) policies relating to management of your personal information. The privacy of your personal information is important to us. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting the personal information you provide to us. These policies are based on the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Act”) (including the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”)).
By voluntarily supplying us with your personal information, you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
This Policy is periodically reviewed. Any amendments to this Policy will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our website, renewadelaide.com.au.
Please note that our website may contain links to other websites. When a user has clicked on a link to another site, they leave our site and are no longer protected by this Policy.
Collection of personal information
We may collect and/or hold the following kinds of personal information:
- contact information such as name, postal address, private address, email address, telephone numbers and date of birth;
- financial details, including bank account details and credit card details;
- employment details, including name of current employer; and
- any other personal or private information voluntarily provided by you to us.
Our website collects the following information from users:
- your server address;
- your top level domain name (for example, .com, .gov, .au etc);
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages you accessed;
- the previous site you have visited; and
- the type of browser you are using.
Purposes for collection
Personal information is collected, held, used and disclosed by us for the following purposes:
- to provide our products and services to you, including support services for each (as applicable);
- to respond to queries about our products and services;
- to undertake surveys about our services and products;
- to provide further information about us, the project(s) we are undertaking with you and any other information you may require from time to time;
- to market or promote our services generally or directly to you (unless as requested otherwise);
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to verify an individual’s identity;
- to resolve a complaint;
- to process payments; and
- other purpose related to any of the above.
We will only collect personal information by lawful means where collection is for a lawful purpose which is directly related to one of its activities and is reasonably necessary for that purpose.
Means of collection and holding of personal information
We collect the information voluntarily supplied by you in person, through our website or otherwise. If the information is not collected, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services requested.
We hold all information in electronic and physical form. We store information on Google Drive and Google Contacts, electronic cloud based databases requiring logins and passwords, and as physical files in a secure area.
We are committed to keeping secure the personal information you provide to us and we will take all reasonable precaution to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access or alteration.
We aim to achieve this through:
- imposing confidentiality requirements on our employees and contractors (as applicable);
- implementing security measures to govern access to our systems;
- only providing access to personal information once proper identification has been given; and
- implementing website protection measures.
Unless expressly stated otherwise at the time of collecting the information or as required by law, we will destroy any information provided to us once the relevant activity, program or purpose for which it was collected has been completed.
Disclosure and use of personal information
We have a duty to keep our customers’ information confidential. Our duty of confidentiality applies except where we have consent to disclose information, the disclosure is permitted under the APPs or is compelled by law.
We will only use your information for the purposes for which it was collected (“primary purposes”) or a purpose related to the primary purpose, if this use would be reasonably expected by you, or otherwise, with your consent.
We disclose personal information to MailChimp, an overseas third party located in the United States of America, for the purposes of marketing and lead generation activities. We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information disclosed to overseas recipients will receive protection similar to that which it would have if the information were in Australia.
Access to information and seeking correction
You can contact us at any time to request access to your information or for your information to be corrected or updated. Please direct your request to the Privacy Officer via the details provided in this Policy.
We will take appropriate steps to verify your identity (or verify that you act as a legal guardian or authorised agent of the individual concerned) before granting a request to access your information.
We will respond to your request for access to your information within a reasonable time after you make the request and if access is granted, access will be provided within 30 days from your request. We will, on request, provide you with access to your information or update or correct your information, unless the Act provides an exception to us granting your request, including if:
- giving access would be unlawful;
- we are required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order to deny access; or
- giving access is likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by an enforcement body.
Where your request for access is accepted, we will provide you with access to your information in a manner, as requested by you, providing it is reasonable to do so.
Your request for correction will be dealt with within 30 days, or such longer period as agreed by you. If we deny your request, we will provide you with a written notice detailing reasons for the refusal and the process for making a complaint about the refusal to grant your request.
Upon accepting a request for correction of your information, we will take all steps that are reasonable in the circumstances, having regard to the purpose for which your information is held, to correct your information.
Dealing with us anonymously
You can deal with us anonymously or using a pseudonym when making a general enquiry about the services and or goods that we can offer to you.
You may request at the start of any telephone call with us, in relation to a general enquiry, to remain anonymous (or you may use a pseudonym). You will also be given the opportunity to remain anonymous (or use a pseudonym) when completing a website enquiry form.
If you believe that we have breached a term of this Policy or the APPs, you may submit a written complaint. The written complaint can be emailed or posted to us using the contact details set out below. You must include contact details for us to contact you regarding your complaint.
Our Privacy Officer will consider your complaint and respond as soon as reasonably possible, but not more than 30 days from receiving the complaint. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner to be resolved.
If you wish to:
- gain access to your personal information;
- make a complaint about a breach of your privacy;
- contact us with a query about how your personal information is collected or used; or
- contact us regarding any other matter concerning this Policy,
you can speak directly with our staff who will do their best to try to resolve your issue as simply as possible. Alternatively, you can write to us or send us an email so that our Privacy Officer can consider the matter. We will respond to you as soon as reasonably possible.
If you do not wish to receive direct marketing from us, please contact our Privacy Officer via the details below.
Our contact details are as follows:
Privacy Officer contact: Renew Adelaide Administrator
Postal address: Renew Adelaide, Level 1, 2 Hindmarsh Square Adelaide 5000
For more information on privacy see the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au.