Renew Adelaide is looking to find Adelaide’s next great food producer, and it could be you! In collaboration with the Adelaide Central Market’s Producer in Residence Program, Renew Adelaide has secured a two-week spot for the January 2017 period of this awesome program!
So what does this mean?! If you’re a food producer, or an aspiring food producer, with a product you want to trial on the market in South Australia’s most renowned food destination, then this is your chance!
Location: Producer in Residence Casual Stall, Adelaide Central Markets
Type of Property: Food Retail
- Stainless steel benchtops and preparation benches
- Hand washing sink
- Dish washing sink
- Hot water
- LED lighting
- Chalkboard signage
- Mobile refrigerated display fridge
- Oven (58L useable, w: 595mm x d: 567mm x h:597mm)
- Cook top (gas, four burner)
- Range hood (two speed)
COSTS TO CONSIDER
- Visual merchandising/aesthetic/display
- POS system and wifi/connectivity
- Cash register
- Public Liability Insurance to the value of $20M
- Regulatory or licensing costs
- Marketing and promotion
Renew Adelaide is seeking all applications for the weird, wonderful, and innovative food concepts and together with the Adelaide Central Market, will select one to be part of the program in time for the beat of Summer. Read the information on the Adelaide Central Market’s website to full understand the program, then apply through Renew Adelaide, for your chance to trade in the Markets!
This space will be offered strictly as a two consecutive week term. The successful applicant will be charged a licence fee of $250+GST per week for the duration of the license period which covers rental of the Producer in Residence space and outgoing costs associated with the use of the space, including electricity. Renew Adelaide will contribute $250.00+GST to cover half of the licence fee.
The successful applicant will be required to meet the minimum trading hours of the Adelaide Central Markets as set out below:
Tuesday 7.00am – 5.30pm
Thursday 9.00am – 5.30pm
Friday 7.00am – 9pm
Saturday 7.00am – 3pm
Optional trading is permitted on Wednesday 10am – 4pm.
Click here to view the Producer in Residence Visual Merchandising Standards.
In your application, you will be required to address the following:
- An outline of your business concept and how you meet the below selection criteria:
- Local producer of Fresh Food/Product
- Uses product sourced locally and within the SA Regions
- Unique offering that is not available in the market
- A mood board covering products, fit-out and merchandise (a collection of images of how you envisage your concept will be executed and what your products look like)
Given that this space is easily accessible to the public, there will be no specific inspection time held. Please take the time to pop past the stall to check out its location and surrounding stalls – why not swing by our other Renew Adelaide Projects while you’re in the neighbourhood: The Cooks Base Store, Bodri’s Hungarian Artisan Bakery & Cafe and Adelaide Soup Kitchen!
Applications close: Tuesday 13th December @ midnight
Should you have any questions relating to your application please email email@example.com and include ‘PIR’ in the subject heading.