Renew Adelaide has an UNBELIEVABLE opportunity that has just been handed to us in a basement space on Rundle St. Following in the footsteps of our other very successful heritage basement project, Biggies at Bertram, the world is your oyster when it comes to transforming this space into a bustling small bar full of architectural beauty and charm.
Location: Basement, 201 Rundle St, Adelaide
Type of Property: Small Bar
Size: 100 sqm approx*
- Compliant toilets (to be fit out by Renew Adelaide/landlord)
- Water and waste points
- Kitchen sink
- Pressed tin ceiling
- Fire compliant
COSTS TO CONSIDER
- Public Liability insurance
- Fit out & aesthetics
- Staffing and time commitment
- Any regulatory or licensing costs including Development Approvals
- Cleaning & waste removal
- Utilities – power, gas & water
- Businesses running costs – stock, etc.
- Make good
RESTRICTIONS TO CONSIDER
- Noise restrictions during ground floor tenants trading hours
- Concepts incorporating food encouraged, however food smells limited during ground floor tenants trading hours
This basement equals endless possibilities in the world of CBD small bars! It’s rare that a heritage listed property full of originality and character is offered up on a silver platter, so it’s important that your concept stands out from the crowd and offers something that tickles the fancy of those who have become accustomed to the high quality small venues that Adelaide has produced. Food, liquor, music, dancing – it’s all welcome!
You have until 22nd January 2017, so this is your opportunity to refine your concept and address the specifics of what will work best in this space.
This tenancy will be negotiated as a fixed term license, dependant upon the tenant’s fitout contribution.
In your application, you will be required to address the following:
- An outline of your business concept
- Relevant experience of participant/s involved
- A consideration of costs
- A mood board covering products and fit out (a collection of images of how you envisage your concept will be executed and what your products look like)
- Your approach to the layout of the space. Taking into consideration:
- How you propose to fit out/change the space (and how quickly you can make it happen – speed is key!)
- Logo concept
- Particular design elements you wish to incorporate
Monday 16th January 2017 @ 4pm
An inspection can be a great way to kick start those creative juices and become inspired. If you are interested in submitting an application for this space then we encourage you to try and inspect the property on Monday 16th January at 4pm.
Applications close: Sunday 22nd January 2017 @ midnight
Should you have any questions relating to your application please email email@example.com and include ‘201 Rundle St’ in the subject heading.
Please note: It is essential that you know the requirements and expectations of operating in a Renew Adelaide property. Please make sure you read What Renew Can Do For You prior to completing your application.