A unique opportunity has opened up for a space on the mezzanine level of bookstore and café Read-e-book. Situated in the east end of Rundle Mall and nestled in between Valleygirl and Adidas, its proximity to Adelaide Uni and Rundle St means the area is always bustling with foot traffic making it the ideal location for a fresh new business venture.
We are looking for original ideas for this space activation, particularly those who could make best use of the upcoming Fringe season. As you would be within the Read-e-book building, you would ideally operate during regular daytime trading hours to maximise your potential. The space could suit a retail store, a studio or even a performance space, however, we are open to any creative idea that suits the location. It is essential that the successful project has an awesome idea that will draw on the tremendous foot traffic of Rundle Mall.
Location: Mezzanine, 146 Rundle Mall – Read-E-Book
Type of property: Retail/Studio/Performance
Area & size: 25sqm approx
- View of Rundle Mall
- Downstairs café
- Common toilets
- Nearby amenities
Thursday 24th January @ 4 pm
Sunday 3rd February @ midnight
Should you have any questions relating to your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘146 Rundle Mall’ in the subject heading.
But wait, there’s more!
- An outline of your business concept
- A consideration of costs
- Your approach to the layout of the space. Taking into consideration:
- Aesthetics & appearance
- How you propose to fit out the space/how you propose to change the space.
- Particular design elements you wish to incorporate
- A mood board
- A collection of images of how you envisage your concept will be executed and another to represent your products if relevant – please ensure that this is kept to 2 pages.
- Fit out & aesthetics
- Staffing and time commitment
- Utilities – power
- Businesses running costs
- Ongoing preventative maintenance
- Clean up and make good
- Cleaning & waste removal
- What Renew Adelaide Can Do For You
- Renew Adelaide FAQs
- Team Up - A tailored spectrum of business-support services endorsed by Renew Adelaide to help projects
- Small Business Commission - Provides resources and services for small businesses including industry codes, leasing and dispute resolution information along with resources to improve your capacity to manage your own affairs and inform your decision making, so that disputes are less likely to occur.
- Enterprise Adelaide - Provides information and advice to small business owners who are establishing businesses in the City of Adelaide.
- Innovation SA - Showcases some of the ways government is supporting startups, entrepreneurs, business, industry, young innovators, researchers, universities and investors. Their aim is to nurture and support innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- State Government grants - Funding opportunities that may be relevant
- Business SA - Membership, training, events and programs to assist businesses to reach their potential
- Guildhouse - Specifically for makers and creatives, Guildhouse offers membership programs, that include insurance packages, along with projects, professional development programs and events.