Continuing on from our recent collaborations with the Maras Group, we bring you our latest Rundle Street offering! Former home to Endota Spa, we are seeking Adelaide’s next small bar or hospitality venture. Imagine your venture alongside the elite company that the East End offers with the recently launched Renew Adelaide ventures Botanica Boutique and New York Fold and Renew Adelaide graduates Hellbound Wine Bar just down the road, East End institution The Exeter across the road and just around the corner from the likes of Nola and The Belgian Beer Café on Ebenezer place. Think about the current offerings in the precinct and bring us something unique but also complementary to the other food and beverage venues nearby.
The space boasts opportunities on both street level and the basement, meaning there is potential for 2 different ventures to activate the tenancy. Upstairs is smaller and suited for a drop-in style hospitality or retail concept – think along the lines of a Sushi & Sake bar, maybe even a little tapas style offering. Downstairs is much larger, and although its current configuration means that there are many smaller segregated areas, we expect those walls to be removed by the former tenant and the space to be left as a blank canvas. There have also been rumours of exhaust infrastructure within the building (pending further investigation) which would open up SO many food service possibilities!
While we are looking for a food and beverage operator to take over the entire space or collaborate with another venture to share both levels, it’s important that the concept is different to what is already offered in the East End, so make sure you are familiar with the precinct. It’s a great opportunity to settle in before the festival season arrives!
Location: 253 Rundle St, Adelaide
Type of property: Food & Beverage
Area & size: 181 sqm
- 2x toilets (+ access to common toilets)
- Multiple water/waste access points on each level
- Access from both Rundle Street and Ebenezer Place
- Exhaust Infrastructure (pending further investigation)
- Glass frontage
- Concrete floor
- Skylights allowing natural light into the basement
If you are interested in this space, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘253 Rundle St’ in the subject heading before applying online.
But wait, there’s more!
- An outline of your business concept
- A consideration of costs
- Your approach to the layout of the space. Taking into consideration:
- Aesthetics & appearance
- How you propose to fit out the space/how you propose to change the space.
- Particular design elements you wish to incorporate
- A mood board
- A collection of images of how you envisage your concept will be executed and another to represent your products if relevant – please ensure that this is kept to 2 pages.
- Fit out & aesthetics
- Staffing and time commitment
- Utilities – power
- Businesses running costs
- Ongoing preventative maintenance
- Clean up and make good
- Cleaning & waste removal
- What Renew Adelaide Can Do For You
- Renew Adelaide FAQs
- Team Up - A tailored spectrum of business-support services endorsed by Renew Adelaide to help projects
Small Business Commission - Provides resources and services for small businesses including industry codes, leasing and dispute resolution information along with resources to improve your capacity to manage your own affairs and inform your decision making, so that disputes are less likely to occur.
Enterprise Adelaide - Provides information and advice to small business owners who are establishing businesses in the City of Adelaide.
Innovation SA - Showcases some of the ways government is supporting startups, entrepreneurs, business, industry, young innovators, researchers, universities and investors. Their aim is to nurture and support innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups.
State Government grants - Funding opportunities that may be relevant
Business SA - Membership, training, events and programs to assist businesses to reach their potential
Guildhouse - Specifically for makers and creatives, Guildhouse offers membership programs, that include insurance packages, along with projects, professional development programs and events.