Renew Adelaide has an amazing opportunity for a short-term, temporary activation of a studio / performance space in the flourishing creative hub, Raj House. This 3- month, fixed term activation opportunity would be perfect for a project just wanting a space to work, develop or deliver a creative project that has a fixed lifespan. We are seeking ideas that will bring something engaging, unique or creative to the space.
Raj House is home to the Feast Festival, Adelaide’s Queer Cultural Festival, who would be your neighbours, along with fellow Renew projects OmMade Organic Skincare, Adelaide International Youth Film Festival, Fearless Theatre and Theatre Republic. There is a bar and theatre space on the ground floor, as well as a shared community room and Board Room on the first floor. Raj House is an ambassador of love and welcoming all through its doors and therefore strives to create an environment that reflects that.
Location: The Lookout, Level 2, 54 Hyde Street, Adelaide
Type of Property: Studio/ Performance / Creative Concept
Size: 89.24 sqm
- Plenty of natural light
- Access to stage, stage curtains and chairs to create theatre set-up
- Access to kitchenette and toilets and other Raj House facilities
- Space ready to use, no building works required
Costs to Consider
- Fit out & aesthetics
- Staffing and time commitment
- Any regulatory or licensing costs including Development Approvals
- Cleaning & waste removal
- Utilities – power
- Business running costs – stock, etc.
- Plant & equipment ongoing maintenance costs – fire servicing, etc.
- Make good obligations
In your application, you will be required to address the following:
- An outline of your creative concept
- Relevant experience of participant/s involved
- Budget plus contingency
- A mood board covering products and fit out (a collection of images of how you envisage your concept will be executed and what your products look like)
- Your approach to the layout of the space. Taking into consideration:
- How you propose to fit out/change the space (and how quickly you can make it happen)
- Brand concept
- Particular design elements you wish to incorporate
Wednesday 2nd May @ 4 pm
If you are interested in submitting an application for this space then we encourage you to try and inspect the property on the available dates.
Sunday 13th May @ midnight
Should you have any questions relating to your application please email email@example.com and include ‘Raj House’ in the subject heading.
Please note: It is essential that you know the requirements and expectations of operating in a Renew Adelaide property. Please make sure you read What Renew Can Do For You prior to completing your application.