This huge street facing space is located on Gilbert Street, right next door to wine bar It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere. A short walk from Chinatown and Adelaide Central Market, the area is a hub of food and drink options with neighbours including Prohibiton Liquor Co, Gilbert Street Hotel and and Renew Adelaide graduate Fleur and Brew.
Formerly a deli, the front area features some existing fit out such as a counter, exhaust fan and sink. While the nature of the space makes it ideal for food and beverage, we’re looking for a unique concept that doesn’t compete with the existing cafes and bars in the area so get creative! The space also has a warehouse out the back that could be used as a studio, office or food preparation area. While we’d love a venture that could utilise the whole space, we’re also open to the option for two like-minded tenants to share.
Location: 105 Gilbert St, Adelaide
Type of property: Cafe/Restaurant/Small Bar/Office/Studio
Area & size: Approx 237sqm total
- Street facing
- Alfresco dining area
- Commercial exhaust system
- Sink/ Running water
- Existing counter fit out
- 3 on-site toilets
- Rear garage with roller door access
Thursday 13th June @ 4 pm
Wednesday 19th June @ 4pm
Sunday 7th July @ midnight
Should you have any questions relating to your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘105 Gilbert St’ in the subject heading.
But wait, there’s more!
- An outline of your business concept
- A consideration of costs
- Your approach to the layout of the space. Taking into consideration:
- Aesthetics & appearance
- How you propose to fit out the space/how you propose to change the space.
- Particular design elements you wish to incorporate
- A mood board
- A collection of images of how you envisage your concept will be executed and another to represent your products if relevant – please ensure that this is kept to 2 pages.
- Fit out & aesthetics
- Staffing and time commitment
- Utilities – power
- Businesses running costs
- Ongoing preventative maintenance
- Clean up and make good
- Cleaning & waste removal
- What Renew Adelaide Can Do For You
- Renew Adelaide FAQs
- Team Up - A tailored spectrum of business-support services endorsed by Renew Adelaide to help projects
Small Business Commission - Provides resources and services for small businesses including industry codes, leasing and dispute resolution information along with resources to improve your capacity to manage your own affairs and inform your decision making, so that disputes are less likely to occur.
Enterprise Adelaide - Provides information and advice to small business owners who are establishing businesses in the City of Adelaide.
Innovation SA - Showcases some of the ways government is supporting startups, entrepreneurs, business, industry, young innovators, researchers, universities and investors. Their aim is to nurture and support innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups.
State Government grants - Funding opportunities that may be relevant
Business SA - Membership, training, events and programs to assist businesses to reach their potential
Guildhouse - Specifically for makers and creatives, Guildhouse offers membership programs, that include insurance packages, along with projects, professional development programs and events.