It’s not often that we get access to an entire building of this size and versatility, but here she is! Formerly a NAB bank, street-facing and centrally located on Hutt Street, you have the benefit of a huge amount of visibility both from the passing traffic and the Caltex service station next door. Other nearby tenancies include the infamous Chianti Restaurant and the Havelock Hotel, amongst many different retail, food & beverage and office activations including the uber cool Myth.
The building itself is split up over two floors. 246sqm approx. on the ground floor and 237sqm on the 1st floor. Both floors offer the potential for separate entrances and wet areas, so it’s possible to get anywhere between 2-5 different projects for the building.
In this call out, we are not limiting the scope of ideas. Given its awesome potential, we are looking for your best studio, office start up, creative workshop, retail OR even food and beverage concepts. We want community engaging ideas that really break the mould. What have you got Adelaide?!
Location: Ground Floor, 134 Hutt St Adelaide
Type of property: Retail/Office/Studio
Area & size: Approximately 237sqm total
- Open plan
- Storage room
- Bank safe
- 2 entrances
Location: Level 1, 134 Hutt St Adelaide
Type of property: Retail/Office/Studio/Food & Beverage/Surprise us!
Area & size: Approximately 246sqm
- Partitioned offices and open plan
- Staircase access from common area on ground floor
While this property is already in great condition, it is purpose built for a bank and therefore some works may be required in order to transform the spaces to suit your concept. For this reason, Renew Adelaide will financially contribute towards each project, depending upon what works are required in the space. This will be discussed further at the interview stage, should you be successful in progressing to this stage.
Tuesday 20th November @ 4 pm
Thursday 29th November @4pm
Sunday 9th December @ midnight
Should you have any questions relating to your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘134 Hutt St’ in the subject heading.
But wait, there’s more!
- An outline of your business concept
- A consideration of costs
- Your approach to the layout of the space. Taking into consideration:
- Aesthetics & appearance
- How you propose to fit out the space/how you propose to change the space.
- Particular design elements you wish to incorporate
- A mood board
- A collection of images of how you envisage your concept will be executed and another to represent your products if relevant – please ensure that this is kept to 2 pages.
- Fit out & aesthetics
- Staffing and time commitment
- Utilities – power
- Businesses running costs
- Ongoing preventative maintenance
- Clean up and make good
- Cleaning & waste removal
- What Renew Adelaide Can Do For You
- Renew Adelaide FAQs
- Team Up - A tailored spectrum of business-support services endorsed by Renew Adelaide to help projects
- Small Business Commission - Provides resources and services for small businesses including industry codes, leasing and dispute resolution information along with resources to improve your capacity to manage your own affairs and inform your decision making, so that disputes are less likely to occur.
- Enterprise Adelaide - Provides information and advice to small business owners who are establishing businesses in the City of Adelaide.
- Innovation SA - Showcases some of the ways government is supporting startups, entrepreneurs, business, industry, young innovators, researchers, universities and investors. Their aim is to nurture and support innovative entrepreneurs and start-ups.
- State Government grants - Funding opportunities that may be relevant
- Business SA - Membership, training, events and programs to assist businesses to reach their potential
- Guildhouse - Specifically for makers and creatives, Guildhouse offers membership programs, that include insurance packages, along with projects, professional development programs and events.